N E W S
PLAIST FESTIVAL AT SCHWERE REITER MUNICH,
27.- 29. 09. 2023
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE:
September Artist in Residence at
New Release of "beats II" by DLW ON plaist, July 7th, 2023
Artist in Residence at Villa Waldberta July - September, 2023
DLW FESTIVAL Cologne, June 3rd - 4th, 2023
DLW SOIrÉE feature AT radio France Paris
Awarded "Instant Award In Improvised Music" 2023
new page by DELL LILLINGER WEsTERGAARD
new RELEASE of STEMESEDER LILLINGER "PENUMBRA" on plaist December 9th, 2022
new live album release of Punkt.vrt.plastik "Zurich concert"
on Intakt Records, March 11th, 2022
new RELEASE of DELL LILLINGER WESTERGAARD & Mat Maneri "Monuments"
on ENW, March 11th, 2022
new RELEASE date of the Soloalbum "KONUS" BY christian Lillinger
on Plaist, February 25th, 2022
C O N C E R T S
8. at Festival Peitz, Peitz
9. GRÜNEN ( Achim Kaufmann, Robert Landfermann) at Festival Peitz, Peitz
10.-11. Residenz and Research DLW at Villa Waldberta, Feldafing
11.-13. Residenz and Research PENUMBRA at studio Schwerer Reiter, München
14. DLW (Dell Lillinger Westergaard) Geh8 Kunst Raum Ateliers DLW, Dresden
15. DLW (Dell Lillinger Westergaard) Musikbrauerei, Berlin
20. SOLO at PRRRRRRR RECORDS Festival Alte Feuerwache, Mannheim
23. KUU! Gladhaouse Festival, Cottbus
24. Sommerfest, Günter baby Sommers 80 Jahre Sommer, Dresden
27. DLW (Dell Lillinger Westergaard) plus György Kurtag Plaist Festival at Schwere Reiter, Munich
27. DLW (Dell Lillinger Westergaard) PLAIST Festival at Schwere Reiter, Munich
28. Stemeseder Lillinger UMBRa feat. Sofia Jernberg, Georg Vogel at PLAIST Festival
at Schwere Reiter, Munich
29. Stemeseder Lillinger Penumbra PLAIST Festival at Schwere Reiter, München
30. Christof Lauer, Jonas Westergaard, Feldafing
d i s c o g r a p h y
b i o g r a p h y
Christian Lillinger (Drummer, Composer, Producer and Founder of PLAIST)
Born in 1984 in Lübben (Brandenburg, Germany), Christian started playing drums at the age of 13. In 2000, when he was 16, he was admitted to Hochschule für Musik Carl Maria von Weber. He studied there with Günter Baby Sommer, Sven Helbig and Michael Griener amongst others until 2004. Since 2003 he has been living and working in Berlin.
2000 Winner of the International Improvisation Competition in Leipzig
2001 – 2003 member of BuJazzO (official youth jazz orchestra of Germany) conducted by Peter Herbholzheimer.
2002 - 2008 collaboration with the Trio GGL (Gropper Graupe Lillinger)
2008 founding of Lillinger’s own Band GRUND, with whom he has realised his own compositions.
Since 2011 he has been collaborating with the ensemble DELL-LILLINGER-WESTERGAARD (DLW), with whom he explores multi-perspective-structural compositions and their multidimensionalities.
2013 composition scholarship by the city of Berlin
2014-2018 member of the quartet AMOK AMOR (Peter Evans: tp, Wanja Slavin: sax, Petter Eldh: b,)
2016 artist in residence at Markgräflerhof in Basel courtesy of Bartels. The documentary “Gegen den Beat” (Against The Beat) by director Jan Bäumer was released the same year on German TV (3SAT).
2016 piano trio PUNKT.VRT.PLASTIK founded with Kaja Draksler and Petter Eldh
2017 awarded SWR Jazzpreis
2018 PLAIST, Christian’s own label, releasing exclusively contemporary avant-garde music founded. As of July 2022, PLAIST has released 11 albums including “Klavierstück VI“ by Karlheinz Stockhausen, “Über die Linie” by Wolfgang Rihm, “Boulez-Materialism” by DBLW and BEATS by DLW.
2018 the ensemble STEFANOVICH DELL LILLINGER WESTERGAARD (SDLW) was established
2019 founding and realization of the studio project “OPEN FORM FOR SOCIETY”, which was awarded the Preis der Deutschen Schallplattenkritik (German Record Critics’ Award)
2019 World premiere of OPEN FORM FOR SOCIETY at Donaueschinger Musiktage and Jazzfest Berlin 2021 awarded German Jazz Prize 2021 for "Artist of the Year" and "Drums/Percussion".
2021 STEFANOVICH DELL LILLINGER WESTERGAARD performed live at Neue Nationalgalerie in Berlin to mark the Alexander Calder exhibition.
2021 Performed Daniel Libeskind's "ChamberWorks" at the AEDES ARCHITECTURE FORUM in Berlin
2022 Punkt.Vrt.Plastik were awarded the German Jazz Price 2022 in the category „Band of the Year“
As of July 2022, Christian has been featured on approximately 110 albums including 23 under his own name (see discography)
2023 awarded „Instant Award In Improvised Music“
„A drummer of remarkable skill and vision.“ (Downbeat),
„Der Mann, der das Trommeln auf eine höhere Stufe hebt.“ (The man who lifts drumming to a higher level) (Die Zeit)
„Ein vollkommen neuer Typ des Jazz-Schlagzeugers.“ (A completely new type of jazz-drummer)(Der Spiegel)
„intelligent, highly creative music that repays multiple listens.“ (The Wire)
„Lillinger proved why he is one of the more fascinating young drummers, through his creatively restless yet precision-geared fresh approach to a kit. He was a star of FIMAV 2022!“ (Downbeat magazine)
- “Second Reason“ (clean feed) by Christian Lillingers Grund
- “ C O R“ (PLAIST 001) by Christian Lillingers Grund
- „Amok Amor“ (boomslang) by AMOK AMOR
- „Grünen“ (clean feed) by GRÜNEN
- „Boulez Materialism“ (PLAIST 002) by DBLW
- „Open Form For Society“ (PLAIST 004) by Christian Lillingers Open Form for Society - „Meinl Session“ (PLAIST 005) by Christian Lillinger
- Open form for society Live“ (PLAIST 002) by Christian Lillinger
- „Punkt.Vrt.Plastik“ (intakt-records) by PUNKT.VRT.PLASTIK
- „Zurich Concert LIVE“ (intakt-records) by PUNKT.VRT.PLASTIK
- „Grammar II“ by Dell-Lillinger-Westergaard
- „Beats“ (PLAIST 002) Dell-Lillinger-Westergaard
- „Supermodern Vol. II“ by Dell-Lillinger-Westergaard feat. Bob Degen
- „Monuments“ (ENW) by Dell-Lillinger-Westergaard & Mat Maneri
- „Konus“ (PLAIST 011) by Christian Lillinger
- „SDLW“ (BASILLE MUSIQU)/ PLAIST) by Stefanovich-Dell-Lillinger-Westergaard
Festivals & Venues (selection):
Donaueschinger Musiktage, Neue Nationalgalerie Berlin, Arc en Rêve Bordeaux, AEDES ARCHITECTURE FORUM Berlin, Klangspuren Schwaz, Moers Festival, Resonanz Raum Hamburg, Philharmonie Berlin, Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, Philharmonie Köln, Musikbiennale Zagreb, Alte Oper Frankfurt, Tage der NeuenMusik Braunschweig, Doek Festival Amsterdam, MusikTriennale Köln, Schwerer Reiter München.
Touring on behalf of Goethe-Institute in:
Western-Africa, Romania, Russia, Venezuela, USA, Canada, England, Finland, Czech Republic, France, Serbia, Poland, Spain, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Netherlands, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Moldova, Mexico, Denmark, Brazil, Chile, Portugal and the Philippines.
Workshops and Masterclasses in:
Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Stuttgart Hochschule für Musik Basel ArtEZ Academy of Music | ArtEZ in Arnheim Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover
Hochschule für Musik Saarbrücken
Zürcher Hochschule der Künste ZHdK
HMDK Staatliche Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Stuttgart HKB- Musik Bern and many more
Craig Taborn, Klangforum Wien, Beat Furrer,Joachim Kühn, Cory Smythe, Wadada Leo Smith, Barre Phillips, Miroslav Vitous, John Tchicai, David Liebmann, Mat Maneri, Tim Lefebvre, Peter Evans, Richie Beirach Ralph Alessi, Urs Leimgruber, Bob Degen, Alexander von Schlippenbach, Louis Sclavis, Rolf Kühn, Evan Parker, Ernst-Ludwig Petrowsky, William Parker, Joe Lovano, Benedict Klöckner and many more
M E D I A
P L A I S T
is a Label founded by Christian Lillinger.
It represents a genre-free, excellently produced and creatively structured Art Form – all manifested here as a Music Label.
The Guidelines for PLAIST Music are:
Sound supports Sound.
Sound through Structure.
Sound becoming the Plasticity of the Music.
Hyperrealistic Sound becoming Plasticity and Clarity within the Sonic Image. Its Basis is built on the "Gold Standard" of current Production Technology.